Monday, December 3, 2012

Answered Prayers!

I just had to share something that happened last week that blessed me. To pieces!
While at work on Friday, I ran into a patient's wife ... I had not seen this person in over a year, at least. She immediately asked me how I was, and if Kip had gotten a job yet. She proceeded to tell me that she'd prayed every single day since we last spoke, that the Lord would provide Kip with a full time job.  I remembered how she would write down prayer requests in a book and in her spare moments she would pray over the needs specifically. When I told her that he started working full time in August, she threw up her hands with joy and praised God right there. It was such a humbling moment. I asked her how many people she prayed for every day..."Right now, 210."

This has caused me to evaluate the people I pray for, how inconsistent I can be, but also what an honor it is to intercede for them. So many times I pray only for what affects me, or for people whose situations affect me. I think there is something really beautiful about talking to God, honestly asking Him to meet other people's needs when it has no direct benefit to myself. How many of our prayers for others does He answer without us even being aware? I may never pray for 210 people every day, but I want to be transformed into a person of remarkable prayer. Our God does remarkable things, and I want to partner with Him in them.

This woman is still praying for us - now, that we would have children. She says she is asking Him for twins! :) It builds up my faith to know how she's praying so faithfully for someone she hardly knows, believing that God hears and answers. If I find out one day that I'm pregnant with twins, one of the first things I'll think about is her faith. And how much blessing one person's faith can bring to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment