Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saturday morning

I think the reason I don't blog well, or often, is because I journal so much. It feels like double-charting (sorry for the nurse references!). And because I never slow down long enough to finish a blog post! I tend to be a little tornado that doesn't stop until I go to sleep and crash at night, but lately I have been learning about rest. God is teaching me how to do this and I have been enjoying the process! Hopefully, as this process continues my blog will get a little more TLC from me, but we shall see.

My Saturday mornings have become a little piece of rest heaven. In our new house we have settled into a nice, relaxed routine on the weekends and I try to preserve it as much as I'm able to! After a long, busy work week getting up at "dark-thirty" and starting a 12-hour shift, there is nothing better than being able to sleep in until 8 am. Nothing! I refuse to set an alarm. I allow my body to sleep 8 hours and I wake up feeling like Superwoman. Kip makes the coffee, I start on an actual breakfast... Biscuits, pancakes, or bacon & eggs... as opposed to the weekday protein shake we grab as we are running out the door. We watch the news while we eat our breakfast and then I stay in my robe all morning and watch what the Pioneer Woman is cooking up on the ranch. The day eventually picks up speed, but isn't there something special about a quiet morning at home with nowhere to be??  There is a time for everything, and I'm learning there is time for sloooowing down and enjoying a Saturday morning.

url.jpg
What are some of your Saturday morning routines? I hope you are sitting in your PJs relaxing too and on your way to having a fabulous day!
Rach

url.jpg








No comments:

Post a Comment