Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Welcome to our World!

Welcome to this blog, world wide web! I have loved reading others' blogs for quite some time now, but never jumped in myself. I suppose I figured my life is too average, or wondered how many people would care to read. I have kept journals for years-- something I've always found therapeutic, fun to look back on, and a way to see growth. But I think that there's something to be said for sharing with others and feeling understood. Which is why I continue to read so many others' posts about their day-to-day lives, struggles, and joys. And why I hope you enjoy reading mine.

My day-to-day life is probably similar to yours: work, housework, exercising, cooking dinner, spending time with my husband, Kip and my little dog, Ollie. But it is also filled with the presence of God. As I learn to know Him better, I see His hand moving in our lives, guiding and leading us on an adventure. And the ups and downs of that are quite exciting, if I do say so myself!

I named our blog "Coffee Talk with the Wright's" because I've found that there's nothing like a good conversation over a cup of coffee. Growing up in the midwest, my parents always had a pot brewing and some of my fondest memories are of sitting around the dinner table talking with a warm mug in hand. Some of the best conversations I've ever had, about everything and about nothing, have been shared over coffee. I hope that this blog bridges friends and family across the miles and makes us feel like we are sitting just across the table, relaxed and connected. And of course, in-person conversations are so much better, so if you find yourself in the Atlanta area please stop by and see us! Our door is always open. I'll feed you, put on a pot of coffee, and we can catch up!


5 comments:

  1. Rachel! I'm so excited you started a blog!! It's so fun, and very addicting! haha Welcome to the blog world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! I have been wanting to start one for awhile now... I just had to stop dragging my feet!! I have LOVED reading yours and hearing about your move to CA. So exciting! Thanks for the welcome! :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blog world! I love seeing blogs grow from the very beginning so I'm looking forward to reading more! I'm following now and I hope you'll stop by my blog some time and say hi!
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I can tell already that I will love reading yours..so cute! Thanks for such a warm welcome to the blog world!

      Delete
  3. Ditto to what Julie said! I am so glad that I can catch up on what's going on with you and Kip now! And Kyle and I will be possibly moving to the Atlanta area in August, so I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say about living there. Happy blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete