Wednesday, February 15, 2012

All About Kip (Happy Belated V-Day!)





In the spirit of Valentine's Day, and because I know that he'll never post anything on this blog himself, I thought I would share a little bit about Kip and why I think he's so awesome! 



I met Kip when I was 18 in Americus, Ga. He was on a tennis scholarship to Georgia Southwestern State and we met at church one Sunday. I was going away to college (and thought he was way out of my league!) but we stayed friends and started dating when I was 19. I can't imagine my life without him! Like most married folks, we are totally different, yet we balance each other so well. And the longer we've been married, the much more we have become like each other??... something I was not anticipating I guess!
A very early picture of us! Not sure if we were officially dating yet or not ...
what a cutie he is :)
At a friend's wedding... such a fun memory! (we are awful dancers though!!)
Engaged! February 7, 2009

Wedding Day! August 1, 2009

Here it is ... A few things I love about Kip:
( I love a list!)

1. He is consistent, calm, steady 
2. He's a weird goofball, but makes me laugh every.single.day
3. He has a beautiful, contagious smile
4. He loves to serve other people
5. He is genuinely thoughtful and kind 
6. He teaches me how to play tennis
7. He is a great listener! Even lets me rant about vaccinations and cancer screenings...all things I know he could care less about 
8. He knows sports trivia down to the minute details from decades ago.. I find this amazing
9. He cleans the toilets for me and has a weird desire to vacuum things. a lot.
10. He makes the best coffee
11. He is totally tone deaf and it is the cutest thing when he sings as loud as he can. Which he does often! 
12. He encourages me to pursue my dreams 
13. He prays with me/for me
14. He loves to travel
15. He has great priorities
16. He says/does hilarious things in his sleep
17. He makes up about 100 jingles during the course of a day
18. He's always honest with me, trustworthy
19. He's lighthearted and a true optimist (this is especially good for me because I know that I'm way too intense!) 
20. He knows how to be a great best friend


I think I could go on and on but I will spare you! Hopefully you know Kip a little bit better. I am continually in awe of how good God has been to bring us together. I couldn't have known what I needed in a husband or how to be a wife. But I am so grateful for the grace and wisdom of the Lord. His ways are so good! 
We are still learning every day how to honor one another more, have more fun, grow deeper together...But I can say honestly that marriage has been the most sanctifying, beautiful thing. I am not the same person I was, and I know that through the work of Jesus this will continue to be true. 
Happy (belated) Valentine's Day Everyone! 


"By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us"... 1 John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment